Tuesday, February 4, 2014

CURRENTLY WE ARE...

I spent most of this past weekend catching up on a whole bunch of blog-reading. I loved Shani Gilchrist's post "Currently I Am..." on her blog, Camille Maurice, and decided that spilling a few beans about what's going on right now with Lolo and me would be a fun thing to do. 

Listening...to Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros. My son and his friends introduced us to this free-spirited band that's a little bit folk, gospel, country and rock'n'roll all-in-one. The infectious melody of their hit song "Home" and a recent rockin' country version of "I Saw Her Standing There," have us hooked on them also. Frontman Alex Ebert recently won a Golden Globe for Best Original Score for his work on Robert Redford's movie "All Is Lost."

My son and his friends with Jade and Alex of Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros.

Watching...French TV on HULU. Lolo and I love crime dramas. Our two favorite series are set in Paris...imagine that! One is a HULU Original Series called Braquo. It follows a squad of Parisian cops who blur the boundaries of the law. The other, Engrenages, follows the tangled lives of a prosecutor, a police captain, a judge and a lawyer. In the case of learning a foreign language, it seems watching TV is a useful activity. I find I'm actually picking up a few French words chilling on the couch with my honey.

Reading...The Paris Wife. A poignant story of ambition and betrayal, Paula McLain's novel captures the love affair between Ernest Hemingway and his first wife, Hadley Richardson. After they become the golden couple in Jazz Age Paris, their fast-living and free-loving way of life takes its toll on their relationship. I'm the one doing the reading...and asking Lolo a lot of questions about Paris in the 1920's. 


Eating...OUT.TOO.MUCH. Especially when Lolo is a trained chef! For those of you that don't know, he went to culinary school in France. And he does all the cooking! But dinner at The Optimist is definitely a treat!

Beignet Style Hushpuppies with Sugar Cane Butter.

Drinking...Hot Tea. SerendipiTea ZZZ. Organic Chamomile and Lavender.

Love this tea!

Wearing...Rosaries and Uggs. I'm wearing antique French rosaries and Lolo is wearing his Ugg slippers. He brings me a really unique rosary back from France each time he goes. 

Antique French Rosaries

Wanting...a French bulldog puppy named Louis, as in Louis Philippe or Louis XVI...

Louis Philippe Mirrors and Louis XVI Chair

Needing...some time off! A long vacation somewhere HOT+SUNNY!

BEACH

Thinking...of all the things we want to get done this year.

Feeling...thankful that we still hold hands, sit beside each other at restaurants and eskimo kiss!   

Á Bientôt!

Lolo & Mimi

No comments:

Post a Comment